April 24-25, 2015
2 pm, September 17, 2014
Teams & Coaches
(read this stuff first)
(compete here to qualify for state)
(practice here before regional competitions)
&M University, College Station)
- Eligible Teams for State Tournament
- Rules, Forms & Deadlines for State Tournament
- State Tournament Events
- Clarifications for State Tournament Events
- Schedule - Division B (Middle School)
- Schedule - Division C (High School)
- Event Time-Slot Sign Up System- Division B
- Event Time-Slot Sign Up System - Division C
- Travel and Accommodations
If paying by check, payments submitted without documentation will be RETURNED to sender. Documentation (invoice, registration confirmation, etc.) MUST accompany payment if by mail/check.
A link will be provided on the generated reciept of your registration to pay by credit card.
Purchase Orders (PO's) are NOT accepted!
*A $50 fee will be charged for all returned checks and credit cards.
Absolutely NO REFUNDS!
All Texas teams are expected to compete at a regional qualifying competition to advance to the State competition.
Rules for the regional competitions are as follows:
- Each regional will host both a B and C division competition.
- These will be 'open boundary' regionals, so a team may select any of the regionals that are offered.
- Each team must attend one regional to be considered for advancement to the State competition -- they may only attend one regional.
- Practice tournaments (Invitationals) will be encouraged at high school and middle school sites. Invitationals can be at any time, but some fall competitions will be encouraged. Each team MUST be a paid member of the Texas Science Olympiad to compete at a practice/invitational tournament.
- Registration fee is $220 PER TEAM. This pays the State and National affiliation fees and provides each team with the rules manual and entry of one 15 member team into one regional competition. Qualifying teams advance to State, with the State winners advancing to Nationals.
- Multiple teams (up to two) from a school are encouraged to compete at regional competitions. The registration fee for EACH TEAM is $220.
- All teams from the same school must compete at the same regional. All teams from the same school will also compete at the same time period for each event (all have odd or all have even team numbers if teams assigned to odd/even time periods).
- 30 schools per division will advance from regionals to State competition. Two (2) international slots will also be available on a non-competitive basis.
- The first place team at each regional will automatically advance to state level competition.
- Remaining slots for state will be filled on a basis of percentage of schools registered (say, 1/5 of schools from each regional will advance to state, with a minimum of the first place team advancing).
- No more than 1 team from the same school may advance to State competition.
Payments submitted without documentation will be RETURNED to sender. Documentation (invoice, registration confirmation, etc.) MUST accompany payment.