Friday-Saturday, April 24-25, 2020
The week of September 9, 2019
January 6, 2020
Saturday, November 9, 2019
Teams & Coaches
(read this stuff first)
(compete here to qualify for state)
(practice here before regional competitions)
State Tournament Information:
(Texas A&M University, College Station)
- State Tournament Events
- Eligible Teams for State Tournament
- Forms & Deadlines for State Tournament
- Clarifications for State Tournament Events
- State Schedule - Division B (Middle School)
- State Schedule - Division C (High School)
- State Event Time-Slot Sign Up System
- State Travel and Accommodations
- State Tournament General Information
- State Tournament Frequently Asked Questions
If paying by check, payments submitted without documentation will be RETURNED to sender. Documentation (invoice, registration confirmation, etc.) MUST accompany payment if by mail/check.
A link will be provided on the generated reciept of your registration to pay by credit card.
Purchase Orders (PO's) are NOT accepted!
*A $30 fee will be charged for all returned checks and credit cards.
Absolutely NO REFUNDS!
Clarifications for TSO state tournament
All clarifications for events will be posted here by 10:00 a.m., Wednesday, April 8, 2020
2020 Texas Science Olympiad:
- Is limited to 15 team members
- Unless otherwise stated, it is generally understood that if notes, resources, calculators, actions, etc., are not specifically permitted in the rules or clarification, then they are not allowed.
National Clarifications http://www.soinc.org/official_rules_clarif
All LAB Events — "Visor goggles will NOT be allowed in any lab event." Below is a picture of the goggle that will be allowed (pictured below): indirect vent chemical splash goggles.
Proper lab attire is required of all participants -- for example, long pants or lab coat, and closed toe shoes.
Friday EXPO Event Room Dimensions: EXPO Event Layout
Protein Modeling (C Division) — The Pre-built model will be impounded on the morning of Friday April 24th at the EXPO Center instead of 1 hour before the competition on Saturday April 25th.
Fossils (B & C Division) -- No old or internet tests will be permitted into the exam room.
No material may be removed from the binder. (I had to disqualify a team at our district contest for this. I did the dynamic planet test.)
Turn your phone OFF. If it rings, you will be disqualified.
Anatomy & Physiology (B & C Division) --
- Any items attached to the notes sheet must be affixed on all sides. No edges may be able to be lifted off.
- Only a single page of notes is allowed as a note sheets. 2 single sided sheets are not acceptable. If 2 sheets are in a sheet protector, the sheet protector must be sealed so that it cannot be opened any where along any seam.
Geologic Mapping (C Division) -- no past tests of any type may be part of the students binder. Wolff nets (stereoprojection net), tacks/pins and tracing paper must be outside the binder and unmarked prior to room entry. Tacks or pins must be secured to a piece of cardboard or paper for safety. Students must have knowledge of basic geology and paleontology as applied to strata dating and mapping.
No material can be removed from your binder.
A geologic compass (Brunton) or a hiking compass is acceptable.
If both team members from a school are colorblind, the supervising proctor is permitted to answer questions related to color. The team must register with administrating officials that both members are colorblind during event sign in or the supervising proctor is not allowed to assist.
Phanerozoic needs to be added to the geologic time scale.