Texas Science Olympiad
State-wide tournament featuring a series of individual and team events for students grades 6-12
Friday-Saturday, April 24-25, 2020
The week of September 9, 2019
January 6, 2020
Saturday, November 9, 2019
Teams & Coaches
(read this stuff first)
(compete here to qualify for state)
- Dates & Rules for Regional Competitions
- Register a Division B team (closed)
- Register a Division C team (closed)
(practice here before regional competitions)
- Dates & Rules for Invitationals
- Register a Member Team ONLY (closed)
State Tournament Information:
(Texas A&M University, College Station)
- State Tournament Events
- Eligible Teams for State Tournament
- Forms & Deadlines for State Tournament
- Clarifications for State Tournament Events
- State Schedule - Division B (Middle School)
- State Schedule - Division C (High School)
- State Event Time-Slot Sign Up System
- State Travel and Accommodations
- State Tournament General Information
- State Tournament Frequently Asked Questions
If paying by check, payments submitted without documentation will be RETURNED to sender. Documentation (invoice, registration confirmation, etc.) MUST accompany payment if by mail/check.
A link will be provided on the generated reciept of your registration to pay by credit card.
Purchase Orders (PO's) are NOT accepted!
*A $30 fee will be charged for all returned checks and credit cards.
Absolutely NO REFUNDS!
Regional competition is required of all schools advancing to Texas Science Olympiad. The schools that qualify to compete at Nationals one year will automatically advance to the Texas Science Olympiad the following year. They will compete at a regional tournament as usual, but the TSO slots allocated to that regional will be given to the highest-ranking schools that did not qualify for the National Science Olympiad the previous year. Upon the completion of all regional competitions and notification of state qualifiers, teams participating in the TSO will be entered in a random lottery for team numbers.
Additional rules for the regional competitions are as follows:
- Each regional will host both a B and C division competition.
- These will be 'open boundary' regionals, so a team may select any of the regionals that are offered.
- Each team must attend one regional to be considered for advancement to the State competition -- they may only attend one regional.
- Practice tournaments (Invitationals) will be encouraged at high school and middle school sites. Invitationals can be at any time, but some fall competitions will be encouraged. Each team MUST be a paid member of the Texas Science Olympiad to compete at a practice/invitational tournament.
- Registration fee is $250 PER TEAM. This pays the State and National affiliation fees and entry of one 15 member team into one regional competition. Qualifying teams advance to State, with the State winners advancing to Nationals. Click here to register your team NOW for a Regional tournament.
- Multiple teams (up to two) from a school are encouraged to compete at regional competitions. The registration fee for EACH TEAM is $250.
- All teams from the same school must compete at the same regional. All teams from the same school will also compete at the same time period for each event (all have odd or all have even team numbers if teams assigned to odd/even time periods).
- 30 schools per division will advance from regionals to State competition. Two (2) international slots will also be available on a non-competitive basis.
- The first place team at each regional will automatically advance to state level competition.
- Remaining slots for state will be filled on a basis of percentage of schools registered (say, 1/5 of schools from each regional will advance to state, with a minimum of the first place team advancing).
- No more than 1 team from the same school may advance to State competition.
Payments submitted without documentation will be RETURNED to sender. Documentation (invoice, registration confirmation, etc.) MUST accompany payment if paying by mail.
San Antonio Regional at Texas A&M - San Antonio
Texas A&M University at San Antonio
San Antonio Saturday, February 29, 2020
Tarleton Regional, Stephenville
Tarleton State University
Stephenville Saturday, February 22, 2020
UT Austin Regional at University of Texas in Austin
University of Texas at Austin
Austin Saturday, February 22, 2020
Rio Grande Valley Regional at South Texas College, McAllen
South Texas College
McAllen Saturday, March 07, 2020
Dallas/Ft. Worth Regional at North Lake College, Dallas
North Lake College
Dallas Saturday, February 29, 2020
Galveston Regional at Texas A&M - Galveston
Texas A&M University at Galveston
Galveston Saturday, March 07, 2020
Corpus Christi Regional at Texas A&M - Corpus Christi
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi Monday, November 30, -0001
Friday, April 24, 2020
INTERNATIONAL TEAMS ONLY
Saturday, February 29, 2020
Ft Worth Regional at Tarrant County College -- South Campus
Tarrant County College -- South Campus
Ft Worth Saturday, February 29, 2020
Gulf Coast Regional, Houston
Lone Star College